CHICAGO — Two women were found dead and four people were sent to the hospital Friday afternoon after high levels of carbon monoxide were found in a Little Village home Friday afternoon.

Just before 2:20 p.m., authorities responded to the 2800 block of West 22nd Place.

Chicago fire said two women, one in her 70s and another in her 50s, were found dead in the home. Four people, three children and one adult, were transported to Stroger Hospital in stable condition.

Authorities said a concerned neighbor called in a gas small. Firefighters made a forced entry and found CO levels of 200 parts per million, CFD said.

WGN News has a crew headed to the scene and will update this story once more information becomes available.

Read More

Leave a Reply